Process for serving clients:
1) Various referring agencies, schools, employers, and/or Board members make referrals to DTR. A copy of a referral form can be accessed under "Referring Partners" tab. The agency or individual making the referral may fax or e-mail the form, or call the DTR Executive Director.
2) The client is contacted to schedule an appointment on a Tuesday or Thursday, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Other scheduling arrangements are made for those clients who are unable to make appointments during standard service hours.
3) At the beginning of the appointment, the client meets with a trained Personal Image Consultant (PIC) to identify interview/work apparel needs. The client is also asked if she would like to sign a photo release form. Client stories and photos help to educate the public about the mission of Dreams to Reality.
4) The PIC assists the client in selecting clothing needed to present a professional and confident image. The PIC provides ideas on how to mix and match complimentary clothing items and to accessorize with jewelry and scarves. This also shows the client how to extend her wardrobe.
5) At the end of the appointment, the client is asked to complete an exit survey which is used to measure the overall experience.